The 10 Most Popular American Foods of All Time Here are the 10 most popular American foods of all time.
1. Burger It boasts gooey cheese, tomato, lettuce and a hearty pickle sauce.
2. Cheesecake Creamy, smooth, divine... yes, the adjectives that describe the taste of cheesecake are hungry.
3. Hot Dogs There's nothing more American than a basic hot dog sandwiched between sliced buns, topped with a twist of ketchup and mustard.
4. Mac and Cheese It's creamy, cheesy, and absolutely fantastic. It's Macaroni and Cheese.
5. Pancakes Pancakes are basically flat cakes, usually thin and round, made with starch-based butter and cooked on a hot surface.
6. Chicken and Waffles Some unknown genius decided to combine the best parts of a fried chicken dinner with the best parts of all.
7. Cronut The Cronut is the original creation of French baker Dominique Ansel, launched in May 2013 in New York.
8. S'mores S'mores are basically a layer of chocolate sandwiched between toasted marshmallows and two graham crackers.
9. Chocolate Chip Cookies Who came up with the brilliant idea of adding chocolate to her butter cookies sometime in the 1930s
10. Breakfast Sausage Calling all pork lovers, this American staple pairs well with apples, onions, mustard, cabbage, tomatoes.